Buyer beware this year I have seen a ton of fake 2017 “Tour Issue” heads. These have ranged from good fakes to really bad fakes. This year I have seen at least 20 fake heads being sold already, and these heads aren’t even on tour yet…
Don’t get fooled. Here are some tips and ways you can tell so you dont get fooled.
- Shrink wrap is a joke, this is usually the giveaway.
- Serial numbers are wrong (wrong location, font, color, etc.)
- Spec stickers are wrong, notice how they capitalized everything ( Lie, Loft, and wt, are capitalized.) Also look how the hand writing is evolving to get more and more accurate to a real tour head.
- Shrink wrap SEALED with a retail tip, I have yet to see any tour head sealed in plastic with a retail tip.
- Look at the COR mark, this is clearly wrong, it shouldn’t stand out like these fakes do, its also a lot larger on the fake heads.
- Always buy from a well known US Seller who stands behind what they sell.
As always if you have any questions please feel free to email us, I will be more than happy to try and help!
On this one below notice the serial number, looks a little crooked huh?
So on this picture I drew a straight line through the COR mark and serial number so you can see just how crooked it is. This also means the COR + mark was printed on at the same time as the serial number, which doesnt happen if its legit. If its a legit head it would be printed after passing COR testing which doesnt happen at the foundry.